81. Practice good oral hygiene. Brush, floss, and rinse three times each day.
82. Include your tongue and gums when you brush. They can harbor plaque and germs and need just as much attention as your teeth!
83. Use an electric toothbrush if you can. They remove more plaque between dental visits.
84. Eat mouth friendly foods. Cheese, peanuts, milk and yogurt can help prevent plaque buildup.
85. Avoid sugary drinks and snacks that can cause tooth decay. When indulging in sugary treats, make sure to brush and floss well immediately afterward.
86. Quit smoking. Smoking and periodontal disease go hand in hand and not lighting up helps many heal.
87. Prevent decay with fluoride treatments from your dentist and brush with toothpastes containing fluoride.
88. See your dentist for a cleaning and exam twice yearly. No exceptions.
Note that the above tips are general guidelines and are not intended to replace the advice or knowledge of a physician or healthcare professional. Seek out expert advice and help if you have questions or concerns about your health.