73. Avoid smoking and tobacco use which can narrow your arteries and usher in cardiovascular disease.
74. Find an exercise regimen you love and stick to it. Regular exercise can reduce the risk of heart disease.
75. Know what constitutes a heart healthy diet and eat well along those guidelines. Food high in saturated fats should be avoided.
76. Get regular blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes screenings to prevent damage to your heart and blood vessels.
77. Be aware of your family history and choose a lifestyle to support good genetics or head off less favorable odds.
78. Watch your weight as you get older. A healthy BMI means a healthier heart.
79. Eliminate or modify stress if you can. Coping well can be a life-saver.
80. Get quality sleep every night to boost your energy levels and keep you heart healthier.
Note that the above tips are general guidelines and are not intended to replace the advice or knowledge of a physician or healthcare professional. Seek out expert advice and help if you have questions or concerns about your health.